Typical Aquarius Behavior
Looking for which characteristics make up the typical Aquarius? Like most zodiac signs, the typical Aquarius is unique enough that you can often identify one easily.
About the Aquarius Sign
As the eleventh sign of the zodiac, the sign is a masculine one (some signs are masculine in astrology, while others are feminine). This is not to say that the sign is manly; rather, it is meant to speak of the energy that drives the sign in a way that is similar to the expression of “yang” energy in Chinese astrology.
Aquarius is ruled by Uranus (Saturn was its ancient ruler) and is also an air sign along with the signs of Libra and Gemini. Ruling the skies from January 20th to February 19th, people born under this sign are often called Aquarians or by their symbol, the water-bearers.
Typical Aquarius Characteristics
As an air sign, Aquarians are typically natural-born communicators. They use words and connections to sort through issues. However, this can sometimes come at a price since the typical Aquarius might not be entirely open with his or her ideas when feeling self-inhibited.
Aquarians are also known for their interest in being original. Often looked at by most as quirky, Aquarians are typically outside-the-box thinkers. The typical Aquarian will not abide by social norms like fashion as much as other signs might.
Aquarius is also a caring sign. Aquarians will often put their friends and family at the forefront. A huge believer in the ideals of society, Aquarius will promote the optimization of the human condition as much as possible. Aquarians can be utilitarian and want everyone around them to be happy. However, all their cerebral nature can sometimes come across as negative, and they can appear a bit detached from their loved ones.
Another major part of the Aquarian makeup is a scientific and curious mind. Aquarians will often try to figure out how things work. They have detailed and specific minds that lend well to computer or technical work. They are also the type of people who can pick up a new gadget and figure out how it works in a few seconds.
While Aquarians may also be up for good, in-depth conversations, they are rarely up for a fight. In fact, people of this sign remain rather non-confrontational and prefer to give others their way rather than fighting in order to achieve their own way.
Other characteristics of Aquarius include:
- Interest in debate
How Can You Expect the Typical Aquarian to Behave?
Are you looking for behaviors that can define your basic Aquarius? A few to watch for include:
- As a child, Aquarius is prone to temper tantrums.
- As a teen, Aquarius is often one of the first to go against popular fashion statements and wear something from a vintage shop or otherwise unique store. Teen Aquarians may look for symbols of their own uniqueness more than other Aquarian age groups.
- As an adult, an Aquarius can be detected by a passion for intelligent debate and a true interest in the thoughts of others.
- Aquarius behavior will also often include idealistic views and tendencies (along with other air signs).
- Negative Aquarius behavior includes a detachment from others, jealousy and an overall sullen perspective.
- Aquarius can also behave erratically. While not truly unreliable, Aquarius may exert an overall independence through poorly timed actions.
- On the dating scene, Aquarius can seem aloof and lost in thought. At other times, Aquarius may seem truly focused on exactly what a possible partner is saying.
- Aquarians can also be stubborn. So stubborn, in fact, that you may think the Aquarius you know is the most stubborn person in your life!
- Aquarians can also exhibit lofty behavior when unhappy.
While every sign may have typical characteristics and behaviors that help define them, there are often many people who fall outside of the typical profile. Perhaps you are an Aquarius who strictly follows the latest fashions or who hates technology. Whatever the difference is, remember that horoscopes are mainly interpretations, and no formula fits everyone perfectly.